Thursday, August 4, 2011

African grey wing amputation?

ok my african grey had to have his wing amputated 2 days ago. My vet's instructions are to bring him back monday for a bandage change, antibiotics BID, and a med for pain and inflammation. He said if Ringo starts to get painful he'll pick the stitches out and chew on himself where the little nub is. Welllll this morning he was in his birdy burrito to get the antibiotic and he wiggled out of his bandage. So I let my vet know and I'm waiting for a response. My question is, has anyone had to deal with this before? If so I'd love some advice. Ringo is really upset with me since I've been giving the meds and I'm trying to make sure he survives! I got him new toys to play with and I've been trying to give him extra attention and I leave my computer running with music and animations while I'm gone. He doesn't want to play or take treats

No comments:

Post a Comment