Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Are these considered ingrown hairs?

I am fair skin with dark hair and I've always had a problem with these hairs (legs and bikini area) that grow right underneath the top thin layer of skin. They don't hurt or create a red bump as typical ingrowns are know to. These can be seen, and generally look like the hair is just resting on the skin but when you touch it you cannot feel it because its right under the verrry thin first layer of skin. Like, if I were to give it a good scratch it would probably come loose. I usually clean some tweezers and pluck it out but because they happen all over at once, especially my legs, getting them all out creates redness and it just looks awful. I'm currently trying Tend Skin but haven't seen much progress with that. I'm too embarrassed to wear shorts, it's that bad. Happens on my bikini line too, but mostly on my legs. Are these still considered ingrowns and will ingrown treatment products work? Not to mention I've always had really sensitive skin, and I often get "inflammation" around the hair follicles after I shave and even when my legs feel smooth after shaving I can still see the hair where it got cut off...(again, that's embarrasing all in itself on top of the ingrown problem!). Derm says they can't do anything for it. Any advice?

No comments:

Post a Comment