Monday, August 8, 2011

What Is The Best Method For International Calling From The US To Canada?

So right now, me and my boyfriend are separated internationally for reasons beyond our control. While we see an end in sight, we obviously need ways to stay in touch until that end is reached. I am in the US while he is in Canada. While we chat regularly online and also webcam, there are times we are just not near the computer and would like to make phone calls to each other for understandable reasons. I currently have Sprint as my cellphone provider, and it is an extra $4 a month excluding taxes for the international dialing package, which would drop the rate of calling to Canada to $.09 a minute, as opposed to $.49 a minute. But that's still $5.40 for every hour spent on the phone, plus an additional $4 a month for the plan, and sounds a bit pricey. My question for anyone reading is: what is one of the better methods for calling internationally to Canada? I would like personal experience if possible. I'm especially interested in the cheapest rates possible, and the reliability of the service. VoIP services, calling cards, you name it. Throw the suggestions out at me!

No comments:

Post a Comment